Saturday, March 22, 2014

 

Re: How can TC's and GC's coexist together?

http://www.cyprus-forum.com/cyprus41840-40.html#p783240

.


GreekIslandGirl wrote:We already have one Cypriot state. The Cypriot State!

- You need an option for the removal of the Turkish Occupiers. That's the only change needed.


...and what is it, that you can do, as a Greek, let alone a Cypriot, so that the Turkish Occupiers change their intention, and leave?

It is true what you say, there is a Cypriot state; and, there is a Cypriot State. as Constituencies, there exist many, not just Turks, and non-Turks; as Persons they have equal needs, and in need it is equal to "you". i say, this Liberty, Greeks can give, more because, they are on this island an overwhelming majority, but as Greeks they can demonstrate a Bicommunal nature, that a Greek Flag can stand an equal to a Turkish Flag, and in Cyprus, a Cypriot Flag flies higher. Freedom, where all Individuals are equal, depends on the notion that beyond any Nation, there is a service to all Humanity, that in enmity there is goodness in our hatred, against real enemies united (Hunger, Disease, Disaster, Ignorance), not each other (Lest we Forget); in my mind, this is the Cypriot way. 

...what is needed,(since the 'Remedy' is found in Turkey's dysfunction (let us assume that "Cyprus" is a template, (again))), to end the Problem, is a thought put into action as great as Ataturk's dream: a State where as Nations, Nations serve. and in Turkey, by emulation, for there to be a Turkish Constituency, in Cyprus so too a Greek Constituency; this is Modern thinking: no? 

(as a Greek, my guess is that you would be interested; with ideas, in changing the world.)

Friday, January 10, 2014

 

CYPRUS TO BE AGENDA IN ANKARA

http://cyprusscene.com/2014/01/08/34160/comment-page-1/#comment-87489

.

...what is needed is a clear definition of the words, Individual, and Person. One talks of community rights, as though our Individual Rights need no defense, or that as a Nation, Freedom is second to the Liberty it provides.

To satisfy the desire for a Turkish Constituency in Cyprus, what is missing is other Constituencies. For if there was a Greek Constituency, they would be equals, and as Persons free to support an Agenda where they can sustain this distinct identity with the self-representation that effects their daily lives. The Republic of Cyprus would do well if this other level of Government existed, and as Citizens it would be possible to fly many flags, (as a bicommunal country) because it is the Cypriot Flag that would fly higher.

Wednesday, January 08, 2014

 

Liberman’s land swap proposal shakes up peace talks

http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/originals/2014/01/liberman-land-swap-plan-pragmatic-logical-wadi-ara.html?utm_source=Al-Monitor+Newsletter+%5BEnglish%5D&utm_campaign=90b5e27e86-January_8_20141_8_2014&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_28264b27a0-90b5e27e86-93108473

.

...better if like Cyprus, Mr. Liberman may consider the value of a Bicommunal State, such as Canada. It would involve a Greater Israel, and as well there would be its Constituencies, who represent National Assemblies, and by a Territorial Jurisdiction for which they have their Charter from a Federal Government, zones where which an Agenda of Persons may serve their distinct identity first, but able are they to serve minorities amongst them by demonstrating the Goodwill they could expect reciprocally.

Mr. Liberman is wrong if he believes that cutting Cyprus in two is a good idea, what did Solomon do?


Friday, November 29, 2013

 

Turkish MP supports ‘peace pipeline’

http://www.jpost.com/Enviro-Tech/Turkish-MP-supports-peace-pipeline-333451

.

...oh to dream.

...managed resources regionally (and the environmental consequences), a pipeline through Cyprus of gaz, why not water to the Middle East (from Turkey)?

...yet if i was a European, or even a Middle Eastern, I would not put all my eggs in Turkey's basket, as friends, the Policy of this Government, is zero.

Cypriots are not "Turks", or "not Turks" (read: "Greeks"), just like the Alevi, Kurds, and Turks in Turkey, they are Cypriot. In my mind, if Turkey was a Bicommunal Bizonal Federation, such dreams could come true.

Friday, November 15, 2013

 

Water - The Propaganda Regime of "TRNC"

http://www.cyprus-forum.com/cyprus39847-700.html#p775081

.

...for now the 'pipedream' has been reduced to a political tool without any indication that there is a larger goal. it has less to do with water as a resource, and more to do with being a quick fix that wins votes. "you" use it as a weapon against a Cyprus which should be Free, so that a subjugation lost to the British can be regained; at its extraordinary cost, it is hard to imagine that it is to quench the thirst of those "Turkish", on the island.

...you don't get it vp, it is about management, and when this dream was just a dream, over twenty years ago, it was to serve a wider purpose, this is what's lacking, Turkey at present has tarnished herself, taking her eye off the ball, the Globe and our affairs as Humans, and in truth, Turkey as a leader in the World, is failing. pipelines may be built, so too from (and to) Lebanon (e.g.). the need for a grid, a regional administration will evolve, like it has with other resources; it will likely not be formed from "Turkish" thinking, Turkey, at this rate, will likely be the last to join.



Saturday, November 09, 2013

 
.


It is important for Cypriots to raise their voices as Cypriots, because without them, the debate will continue to revolve around those among us who place "Turkishness" or "Greekness" above the love Cypriots have for their island. As Persons we can celebrate our distinctiveness, and the richness of each's Heritence, but as Individuals only a Republic can defend the Universal Principals that are our Rights as Human beings.

...the Problem did not start in 1974, it is the symptoms we experienced in 1963, the Intolerance which all Cypriots suffer only continued under the Illegal Occupation of the Turkish Army, and the continued denial that Turkish Foreign Poilcy of the last Century has failed (read: Annan Plan). I ask, if a Bicommunal system of Government is the quest, and if a Republic exists (in need of Constitutional Reform, of course), and a Turkish Constitiency exists, why not a Greek Constituency, as well as others? (Is it because Turkey cannot reform itself to be Bicommunal, that the “Turks” deny their own subjugation of the Kurds, (Armenians), Greeks, Alevi, who are Turkish, but not Turk?). (is it because the Greek elite on the island, by sheer numbers, and by Law, cannot be compelled to divide it?)

Why not a distinction between our Rights as Individuals, as Sovereign, as Citizens, as Equals, by having a State to represent our will as the Stewards of this island (and EEZ), as Cypriots, having a Government where there is no discrimination, where every vote is the same. and where Cyprus comes first.

...and if there exists a Greek Constituency in such a State, why not an equal to the other Cypriot Constituencies, where Cypriots, in their daily lives can be served by National Assemblies (and their Municipal Authorities), in a manner where as Persons, as an electorate, they address their needs as an Identity, as a majority, serving themselves, demonstrating their Goodwill, because they are also able in recognising and providing for the minorities among them, their needs as well.

In my Cyprus, Bizonal does not mean tearing the island in two, even if the Green Line remains little unchanged. If Sovereignty was off the table because as well as a Republic there existed a Greek Constituency, it would be possible to repopulate the island and to think futuristicly. There could exist Constitiuencies, Maronite, Armenian, Latin, English, and in the next two hundred years others, where Language and numbers warrant. I imagine that the Constituencies themselves could settle the Territorial Jurisdictions of their Governance (with a Greek Constituency), and unanimously present their demands as Corporations to their Federal Government for Charter. (and i imagine it satisfies Turkey's insistence on identifying people as "Turkish" and "not Turkish" ("Greek").)

...If (dare I say the dirty word), enclaves were introduced into the Cypriot political geography, it would be possible for Justice to be seen, at least for some of the displaced, both from '63, and '74, Greek, and Turkish, a return as they left, as Communities. And if enclaves spotted the entire island as it is divided today, it ends the significance of the 'border', it is just another frontier in a Country with many. They (enclaves) obliges the Greek and Turkish Constituencies to serve an electorate island-wide not just as "majorities", and they oblige them to serve a population that is Free in Movement, Association, and Expression, as Cypriots, these Rights are Supreme; it would not be hard to imagine, by choice, Greeks and Turks, living as minorities within this range of choices.

http://cyprus-mail.com/2013/10/27/is-the-cyprus-problem-40-or-50-years-old/

Monday, November 04, 2013

 

Memories of two Cyprus missions remain vivid for Port McNicoll man

http://www.simcoe.com/news-story/4190222-peacekeeper-enormously-proud-of-service/

.

..I would like to remind Canadians that the Cyprus Problem remains unsolved. Now as patience seems to be growing thin, it is important to remember that this issue is not about the enmity of "Greeks" and "Turks", it is about Intolerance. If the island remains divided, there will never be Peace, it will not be the end of a People who have survived thousands of years of subjugation, they will continue to struggle unfreed, but the Heritence (Lest we Forget) it represents to Mankind will be lost, from a demonstrated impotence toward "Turkishness", and not "Turkishness" ("Greek"). Indeed, not one UN soldier has been killed by the side of the island represented by "Greeks"; something to think about.

Sunday, November 03, 2013

 

Re: The only Option for the Turkish Cypriots!

http://www.cyprus-forum.com/cyprus41335-70.html#p774056

.


Viewpoint wrote:We do not need to or nor will we go away where other than our island we are here to stay, so deal with it. Do you accept a BBF with political equality of the 2 states at the federal level?


...its like Cyprus is only a speck of property with no people on it. Individual Rights seem to have no importance to you vp. you talk of two sterile units that are mono-clonal, that is either "Turkish", or not "Turkish", as though Cypriots do not exist, and that Cyprus is of no importance except as an extension of Turkish Foreign Policy. "we", as you describe are Persons, nothing else, but we are Human beings, and it is in this sense, i am compelled to respond, that in effect you deny equality. we are no longer chattel, there is Freedom, there is Equality as Individuals, Universal Principals which we, whether Greek or Turk or Cypriot, defend against the "we" you defend no better than a "Greek", (Lest we Forget) as Ignorant, because the thinking(read: intent) has more to do with Greed, rather than Liberty. you may put your "Turkishness" first, that does not make it right, and whether Cypriot by birth, lineage, or coincidence, in essence you are not Cypriot, you are an accessory to Crime. 


the only option for Turkish Cypriots, is the same option for Greek Cypriots, and that is to love each other, as Cypriots to say, i love Cyprus, first.

Tuesday, October 01, 2013

 

Our View: We created a state designed to serve the ruling elite

http://cyprus-mail.com/2013/10/01/our-view-we-created-a-state-designed-to-serve-the-ruling-elite/

.

...and what is Cyprus but a template for elites further afield.
We may consider ourselves lucky, because having survived the attention of interlocutors for thousands of years in isolation, the Cypriot now has the means to express themselves as a Sovereign People who are no different and an equal within a larger family of man. Perhaps this crisis will make it clear to us, the value of our Heritance, to be Cypriots, rather than "Greeks", or "Turks".
Freedom has a heavy price, and part of that is overcoming the fears we have within ourselves. Have we learned the lessons of the First World War (as Human Beings) with so much energy placed on the adversarial nature of our Politics? Have we discovered that this hatred can serve the fight against bigger enemies (like Disease, and Hunger)? What of the elites, indeed, who do they represent?

Friday, September 06, 2013

 

Re: Cypriots are the minority...

http://www.cyprus-forum.com/cyprus41071.html#p768926

.

...clear your mind for a moment Dr. if your intentions are the Freedom of Cyprus, and the Liberty of Cypriots, new thinking is needed.

i suggest the debate has been framed wrongly, a new perspective on the Problem is in order. because it suited the interlocutors, we are framed as "Turks" or not "Turks" ("Greeks"), and this has led to the marginalisation of Individual thinking. Those who are Cypriot, first, in this context are a minority, and as a minority like in any democracy, hold the balance of power. without a Cypriot movement, things stay the same, or worse return to the state of war, because this "Peace" is unnatural. 

so, we know that a Republic exists, and we know that the overwhelming population is Greek, we know that other Nations form a part of the Cypriot identity, and we know that a Turkish Constituency seeks an equal as Constituencies, i suggest that the "Greek" state we have can identify to itself without needing the State to be its exclusive representative as people. i suggest that a movement of Cypriots can become a significant political force, if there existed for Greek Cypriots a means for their self-representation and sustenance, as Persons. it allows for a debate as Stewards, as Citizens, as Individuals, rather than a People of a Nation, because the Nation has a voice. 

Quote: 
That federation would comprise a federal government with a single international personality, along with a Turkish Cypriot constituent state and a Greek Cypriot constituent state, which would be of equal status.


count them: three (at least) governing bodies.

...thus for Cyprus, i ask, "where is the Greek Constituency?"

Thursday, August 29, 2013

 

The Syrian dilemma and the ‘who benefits?” tenet

mail.com/2013/08/27/the-syrian-dilemma-and-the-who-benefits-tenet/

.

Humanity, Lest we Forget, was taught a lesson, not long ago in 1914.
...have we learned it? There are no enemies but ourselves when it comes to Ignorance. Real enemies exist, and Hatred is a beautiful thing when it is applied against them: like Hunger, and Disease.
False Flag or not, Mankind should not be picking sides, as the adversaries have been framed, a more insidious foe festers (still).

Monday, August 26, 2013

 

Re: Deal Over Occupied Famagusta...???

http://www.cyprus-forum.com/cyprus40649-520.html#p767973

.

indeed, like the formation of the IPO, blame was accepted. it is the same, Turkey can correct her own wrongs, it has nothing to do with the negotiations, or the Cyprus Problem, it is the recognition of fact from which an intention can be established, Cyprus a whole, Cypriots respected for what they are, not just "Turks", and "others", a People as proud.

you may demonstrate with all the examples you want, true, half-true, and out and out fabrications or lies, to make your point, vp, that your hatred has a reason to grow (and that this enmity will last forever). but, we are Humans, and as Cypriots, as a majority (80%) which is Greek, the compromise was made, it is not up to you ("you") to ask for more than that (a BBF). it is up to you to act accordingly; i ask, are you Cypriot? would you be glad to live as in any country, an Individual, whether the part of a majority or minority, equal. and as well, being a Person having a means to self-representation that equals other Persons? as a Citizen of the World (because you were not born in Cyprus, although here you want to stay), can you not see that your responsibility is toward the rest of Mankind (before your own distinctive preferences)? you vp, seek recognition of a State, so that there is a Greek State and a Turkish State, essentially to leave things the way they are. 

...what is wrong with one Republic, where if we are no different to Greece and Turkey, it is because Universal Principals are demonstrated by these States. and i suggest to you that we can as Cypriots choose to live in any one of many states as Cypriot Constituencies (bicommunally), this to you, it would seem to me, should be far more important than an airport, outside of the Republic's control impossible to "give".

...and anyway, you are doing just fine, if i am to believe what you say, (you need nothing from the Republic (if i am correct in my understanding of what you say)), it is a fine way to show goodwill, to just give back what you are not using (and that does not belong to "you").

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

 

Maybe it’s time for a real partition to be negotiated

http://cyprus-mail.com/2013/08/14/maybe-its-time-for-a-real-partition-to-be-negotiated/

.


...if there is a Republic, and a Turkish Constituency, where is the Greek Constituency?

"That federation would comprise a federal government with a single international personality, along with a Turkish Cypriot constituent state and a Greek Cypriot constituent state, which would be of equal status."

...count them, three governing bodies.

With a Greek Constituency (and others, i.e. Maronite, Armenian, Latin) it is possible to have equality amongst people as Persons, (and dare i say it, with Cypriot Constituencies, the Cypriot People could elect to create an English Constituency, and in the future others if and when it is warranted).

With a Greek Constituency, regardless of demographics, Greek is sustained and promoted.

With a Greek Constituency, the State, and the Government which represents all Citizens without distinction or discrimination, is Free of this bias, (defending Greekness because the overwhelming majority of the island's population is Greek), more credible, it will be better able to defend our Individual Rights as members of the larger family, of Man.

Bicommunal does not mean tearing the island in two, but, it requires from all of us a willingness to overcome the fears we have within ourselves, to change our thinking, to demonstrate that Cypriots have an intent far more complex than being "Greeks" and "Turks" in a proxy war.

Just like the word Bicommunal, the word Bizonal is only complete if there are (more than) "two" of something which remains a whole. In my Cyprus, enclaves are not a dirty word, and I believe that Justice can be seen if they exist. What of the displaced, the murdered, and the missing, who were/are they that they suffered this fate, in '63, and in '74? What of their return if not for all of them, some of them as they were forced to leave, as Communities? I see enclaves pocketing the whole island, obliging the Greek and Turkish Constituencies to serve an electorate that is island-wide (and that is multi-cultural). I see enclaves as a key to securing: Free Association, Free Expression, Free Movement, because as Cypriots we would have these Rights. And, even if the "Green-Line" remains, it will no longer be a "border", but another frontier.

...dividing the island (as in separation) will not bring Peace, it is this hatred and endless cycle of revenge which must be willfully stopped. If we love Cyprus, it is Cyprus that comes first, it does not belong to "us" (read: "Greek"/"Turk"), we belong to it.

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

 

Re: Deal Over Occupied Famagusta...???

http://www.cyprus-forum.com/cyprus40649-400.html#p766376

.


it is hypocrisy, vp, to lead us on. i speak of a better Cyprus, because things must change, you speak of the past as though things are unchanging, more possible, you do not want to change, yourself.

...with all the benefits of Famagusta, for "your side", even without asking for anything back, it is extraordinary, unnatural if you will. with your resistance no one gains, and it is not the Cypriots Turkish or Greek who make this impossible, it is the failed policies of Turkey which are the bane. 

...need i remind you, this issue has nothing to do with Turkish Cypriots, it is a war crime where Turkey can demonstrate their recognition of a wrongdoing.

Sunday, August 11, 2013

 

Turkey - Preparing for Chaos

http://www.cyprus-forum.com/cyprus41005-30.html

.


...the history i have read is still not clear to me, but at the advent, didn't Kemal turn to the Armenians in his dark hours, wasn't it this alliance, along with the Kurds, the impetus he needed to overcome his adversaries? it must have been, in the crisis, an idea that there was a prize bigger than a National identity, but Freedom, the Freedom of self-representation as Individuals, the founding of a State, where Universal Principals were the basis of the Liberty they establish. Turkey, and the meaning of the word Turk changed, although the betrayal in the Kemalists' (and Islamists') thinking came from greed, the denial of this fact, resisting this change with a strong sense of belonging, where in the affect it excludes "others". 

Turkey remains dysfunctional. there are many risks it faces as it is, that result in its break-up. it is a BBF, they need.

Saturday, August 10, 2013

 

Austerity not territory defines N Cyprus poll

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2013/08/201388103312303129.html

.


...many issues are coming to a boil, what with elections coming soon, in Turkey, and in Cyprus. Labour on both sides of the divide, (the Union voice in Turkey is another issue) in what is called, the Problem, have the Economic issue as a force through which they can combine their efforts, because their Unity is based on Universal Principals. Since a Greek Constituency exists, and a Turkish Constituency, should they found a Federation, workers will gain an identity as Individuals, because they are prepared to defend there Identities as Persons. It is a not so hard spark to imagine, money, since everyone cares what's in their pockets; a Cypriot Flag flown higher.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

 

Re: TDP will get my vote in elections!

http://www.cyprus-forum.com/cyprus40918.html#p763938

.

boycott in my mind is a big mistake. better to go to the poll and destroy the ballot. far more expression in that, a percentage of voters; otherwise, the boycotters if i can make up a word, are measured within a population who don't care in voting...

...if it were possible, this is the point i'd make to all Free thinking People, people can vote to defend Democracy, this choice in voting (a big "X" on all the candidates) also speaks words.

frankly bill, i don't know why this strategy is not used as a tactic, it is a powerful weapon against a dictatorship, which relies on Ballots secretly cast.

Friday, July 19, 2013

 

Latest update on oil disaster in North Cyprus

http://www.eturbonews.com/36268/latest-update-oil-disaster-north-cyprus

.


...it is a shame that Turkey cannot show good neighbourly relations, or that the regime in the north cannot do more than follow orders. This opportunity to demonstrate that Cyprus comes first, was lost. What with oil being such a preoccupation of the Turkish Government, one would think that they would want to demonstrate their Leadership skills in this domain. What with the economy so frail in all these countries, it would have been a good way of moving the International community to take heart, that despite the politics, they can have confidence that some priorities rise above. Cyprus should not be divided, this is a good example why it is unnatural, such harm has evolved to be a disastrous state of affairs. Turkey, (read: Erdogan), cannot blame the Republic of Cyprus for this mess, (in his mind it must absolutely not exist) although I expect shortly a statement from his Cabinet, that they are blameless,

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

 

Re: interesting documentary

http://www.cyprus-forum.com/cyprus40815-50.html#p763089

.


...indeed, i remember Solomou, and what worried me was the total lack of discipline. it is entirely possible that what is the TA in Cyprus is a sham, compared at least to troops well trained for fighting. when Lordo goes off with his horror stories, it in essence makes the same point, only the frame of mind interprets the meaning differently. we can all be angry at the "Greeks" and the "Turks" among us, none of them are blameless, but it is an irrational extension of thought to imagine that all Greeks, and all Turks, are these extremist.

...what are the Cypriots, if they continue to remain silent, they are accessories to those who continue in their denial of a Human Race toward "winning" as Persons. ("this must stop"). there is a big difference between our Identities, as Individuals that is the Freedom we accept as Universal Principals, and Liberty. in Cyprus we have agreed to demonstrate to the rest of the world, a manner of living where there is a State, one country, with a Government which defends the Rights of all its Citizens without any distinction or discrimination as equals, and where equally, Cypriot Constituencies can, through their electorate, effect their own distinct Identities; three governing bodies (at least); (two levels of Government) this is Bi-communal. 

...thus, i ask, where is the Greek Constituency? i ask, and what about the Maronites, Latins, and Armenians, do they not have an equal need to sustain themselves?

Sunday, May 12, 2013

 

Re: ...a bridge to Lebanon

Re: ...a bridge to Lebanon

.

Iliaktida, welcome.

...the worst person i ever met in my life was a Cypriot pimp in London, i was so ashamed of him that i chased him out of Piccadilly Square. i like to think, that in the extremes, i'd find at least as many who are the best people to meet, and by my own experience this too is true.

we are lucky to have such diversity as Individuals, and just as important the diversity we have as Cultures (Lebanon and Cyprus) in our Persons. the bridge will, if it has a benefit in terms of its cost, improve social-exchange no doubt.

...Turkey regardless will want a Tribute, she is always busy meddling in all her neighbours' affairs.

regional cooperation will become paramount in the future because of the sea, and our need to protect it from ruin in our efforts to exploit its resources. indeed, for Cyprus to survive it must become the facilitator of these efforts.

Thursday, May 02, 2013

 

Cyprus :: 18 Million Crossings...!!! - Page 16

Cyprus :: 18 Million Crossings...!!! - Page 16

.


...i am still unsure, after-all he was born (by his/her own terms) English, how vp can speak of a Heritance of 400 yrs.

...as i have said, what do i know, i come from a "mixed" village.

...i think claret, it can be best described this way, when a Greek says, "we", he is usually including Humanity, not unlike a Turk. but when a "Turk" says we, it should be taken to mean Turkey's deep state, not unlike a "Greek".

Thursday, April 18, 2013

 

Plan for new Cyprus vote casts uncertainty on bailout

.

...i would vote yes, because it is possible to withdraw later. we need to demonstrate with Europe solidarity. even the economy is small pickings, compared to the war Cypriots must win, for Freedom (and Liberty) in general and, for themselves. it was not that long ago that Angela Merkel stood with us against Turkey's designs; we cheered.

...a bitter pill we are swallowing, nothing comes for free, if we can demonstrate a cooler resolve that others hold in high esteem, it makes us stronger still. at this point it is too late to vote, "no". already naysayers in the EU, for whatever reason (read:motive) are linking the financial crisis to the Problem. it is inevitable, because the logic when twisted this way opens the Judgement of Cypriots as Persons, easy to dismiss the fact that they are Individuals, to be labelled "Greeks" and "Turks", and divided as such Cyprus for Cypriots no more.

...our Banks will return better than ever, one way or the other, i don't doubt that Cypriots will rise to the task most admirably, it would not be the first time. but, money is not the problem, the Problem is the problem.

http://www.cyprus-mail.com/bailout/plan-new-cyprus-vote-casts-uncertainty-bailout/20130418

Monday, March 25, 2013

 

The Cyprus Deal: Real Stories - Businessweek

The Cyprus Deal: Real Stories - Businessweek

.

It is a sad day for the European Union when their Bankers cannot see a bigger picture as Investors.

Cyprus is very special. Geographically it represent the cross-road for three continents, (except as a backwater under 350 years of Ottoman occupation) and it has done so for thousands of years. Taken in context, the 'confidence' issue is a sham because it was only under their own efforts, once Independence was established in 1960, that a network of asphalt roads island-wide was built, as well as a drinking water infrastructure. Never mind the coup in '74 which failed because the "Greeks" of Cyprus did not support it, and never mind the 'Peace Operation', so intricately entwined with it, which left 1/3 of the population homeless in less than two weeks, (the forgotten example of 'cleansing' before Bosnia), by the Turkish Army which occupies illegally more than 50% of its coastline, and its most productive land, still. Cypriots, are heroic in their efforts so far, and they have demonstrated their resolve to defend Universal Principals based on the Rule of Law, with ingenuity and resolve.
In such a weakened state, bullied only because "they" are small, will cooler heads prevail on the political front when Europe soon must face the real Cyprus Problem (and Turkey)? Like the banks (for a few Euros), will she allow the island to be torn in two because it is easy?
...solidarity, as Human Beings, that's what Europe won a Nobel Prize for.

With such a poor result on this issue, I feel more worried for the rest of us, not the Cypriots that so well somehow, have endured heavily their price for Freedom.

Monday, March 04, 2013

 

Cyprus :: Greece To Declare EEZ...??? - Page 6

Cyprus :: Greece To Declare EEZ...??? - Page 6: Re: Greece To Declare EEZ...???

.

@ Oceanside; we may hope that this man will give the other Leadership in Europe the courage to look at the facets that make up the European face. he has not done much to remove the tarnish on Turkey that his Party has made, although such twisted speech gives rise to the questions, Zionist-Jew, Christian-European, Terrorist-Islam, Occidental-Oriental (remember him inviting Native Americans to visit Turkey; they are both from China: brothers), it is nothing more than news to feed an electorate that is ready to die proud, for internal consumption, this food for thought can go both ways. everyone is made up of the same flaws, it is why transference works so well when it comes to spreading guilt, and with it hatred.

beside the EEZ with Greece, there are the Syrians, the Kurds, Iraq, never mind the Armenians, the Greek Orthodox Church, and the Cypriots who demonstrate remarkable Patience and restraint. and no, i didn't forget Israel...

only a genius could run a country, like Turkey, with so many pots on the fire, with an economy no one dares to scrutinise, and a significant body of this population fanatical as he who support him. but with Europe it is another matter, the war is far more subtle, if he cannot make it "better", i think he intends to take it down.

...hope your right; in the sense that Turkey should continue to join with the west to beat at our perceptions so that they can become more refined, lovingly against the efforts made to deny that the west to be whole is Muslim, too. afterall, there is One God, isn't there?

@ my Gig, look at the map, Europe wins, Cyprus is the fulcrum, Greece against Turkey or Turkey against Greece, it is a lever. otherwise it is two big sticks that are equal. splitting Cyprus, for warring parties of course, is ideal leaving it impotent, war there, as though Cypriots do not exist. the gesture was Mankind's, that created Cyprus, it was born from new beginnings with the Modern Age, for Peace. i hope that we can remember the vision of the Men before these moments who sacrificed their lives for us to understand that war is not terrible, and hate is good, but against real enemies, not each other; Lest We Forget. at this point a new frontier is opening, (we are talking Gaz here but generally, the Information Age) and Turkey is very late, if Greece is quick enough (and Europe is willing).

Friday, February 22, 2013

 

Cyprus :: From 300 t0 3900 ............ - Page 3

Cyprus :: From 300 t0 3900 ............ - Page 3

.


Cypriotism, is not dead as you say, that is your opinion speaking as a "Turk". i suggest, what is dead is Turkey's push to identify the Problem as one between Turks and Greeks (Turkey and Greece). with the creation of the EU, and the membership of Cyprus within it, forces are naturally evolving for these acts to be demonstrated with the creation of one Cyprus, finally Free and Sovereign, rather than a piece of real-estate torn in two.

...vp, i am fighting for survival, i never chose any of them, i always understood that these forms of expression have within them an Ignorance i must hate, (does that make me less "Greek", or more "Turkish"?), and i am old enough to remember Cyprus before Turkey chose to plunder what belongs to civil people. this is wrong, if you are Turkish, rather than within a deeper state of "Turkishness", because it is not Human. you fear "Greeks", (so do i) and you choose to be as a "Turk" against them. yet, you, in effect, choose to deny the world is changing around you hatefully, not even selectively, resisting changes to the dogma you follow, blindly. i choose Love to better myself.

it is not so simple, Cyprus, and Cypriots, exist.

...what is becoming clear to me is that the effort Turkey has placed in her external affairs for fifty years, culminated with the Annan Plan, and it failed. the notion of "Turks" and "Greeks" is over, Cyprus this time has a chance to express Cypriotness, a notion that Cyprus is equal to Turkey, and that in Turkey it could happen that they too would reform, so that Liberty is defined, as Free Countries, Bizonal and Bicommunal, for their Citizens without discrimination or distinction, and for their Identities as Persons as well.

 

Re: The "police" and Torture Regime of "TRNC"

http://www.cyprus-forum.com/cyprus39899-30.html#p745940

.

...Lordo, did it cross your mind that Cypriots, the "Greeks" did not fight because they too, did not support the coup. that trust was betrayed by Turkey, with the actions which followed. if anything, imagine the possibility of double Enosis, had the coup been supported, and consider Cypriots completely ignored by these adversaries, given that the idea of tearing the island in two originally, was not Cypriot, but foreign.

...war is the answer, to feed a hatred. it is good, because through it there are powerful forces which can be realised. Lest We Forget. why not choose real enemies Lordo, have you learned? i am Greek, and i suppose if i was German i'd be just as proud, why speak for "Turks", if you are Cypriot, and Turkish, let them speak for themselves. act accordingly.


Thursday, February 14, 2013

 

Cyprus :: a private investigation...Cyprus Bailout.

Cyprus :: a private investigation...Cyprus Bailout.

.


...i'll say that Cyprus will come out stronger for this, although it is a witch hunt. those Germans who are in such a rush to demean what seems like a puny economy to save a buck are mistaken, and should be well advised to consider the credibility they represent, when what comes around, goes around.

...it is the perfect opportunity for the EU to bone-up, by demonstrating solidarity. and should the investigation find some crime, which it would in any State, to treat the Criminal, if it is made public, without exploiting what shame it brings as guilt by association to the Rule of Law. without Grace, such action, at this point, when France or Italy falters, or Spain, will be too late. Europe will be the sham.

let's not forget that Cyprus has been a net contributor to Europe so far. it leads with great esteem, as a Maritime, Trading, and/or Financial partner, Internationally. never mind how socialised it is, or that strategically, it is the gateway Europeans have to two other Continents. it was nothing more than a backwater, for about 350 years, under Ottoman occupation. it fared better under British rule, but it was only in 1960 that these people finally provided for themselves for the first time as this island's dwellers, asphalt roads, and a drinking water system, which they did not have before.

imagine, a People thousands of years old existing under subjugation, and suddenly Free; the Cypriots, i think have demonstrated Heroic efforts toward improving themselves since then, and with a Tolerance exemplary given that 1/3 of its population can be defined as displaced, since 1974, and for the first time torn in two, as History states by an, Illegal, occupation where only Turkey refuses to recognise simple Universal Principals, and thus, where Cypriots are not defined as those who Love Cyprus, but, as in some Proxy War: as "Greeks", and "Turks".

Europe cannot ignore the huge potential that Cyprus represents. it's relations with many other neighbours is hopeful, what with the anticipated wealth that can be found within the management together, of their natural resources.

...just because things can go "boom", should we be playing with them; maybe private is good if it is kept private: already there are many fires.

Monday, February 04, 2013

 

Cyprus :: Water - The Propaganda Regime of "TRNC" ...??? - Page 5

Cyprus :: Water - The Propaganda Regime of "TRNC" ...??? - Page 5

.


...you are mistaken, vp. we are all looking forward to a Turkey which is positive, and an International leader, because it is so powerful. when it comes to the betterment of the Human condition, here is another opportunity. we regret, that in the past Turkey's efforts only caused the stagnation to continue, and in a manner where fear does not cease, neither the efforts put to hatred. as "Turkishness" goes, without Charity and Grace there is no profit, their fellow Men have only their own Hope for guidance, this leadership tarnishes themselves. ...perhaps a little effort on your part, Lordo, would be useful, can your engineer friend provide us with facts, where we (the readership) can decide for ourselves? question becomes, are you Cypriot? do you love this island? what is best (not just for "Turks")?

...allow me to be wrong, but i still think blimps are a better idea, as something new, pipelines we (Mankind) have, heavy lifting by air (over long distances and at sea) is limited.

Thursday, January 17, 2013

 

Re: What is needed for recognition?



.


...boulio, wouldn't it be nice if the Cypriot Constituencies (Turkish and Greek) could dicker out their respective Territorial Jurisdictions if above their authority there is a Republic of Cyprus which represents all its Citizens as Sovereign, and as Individuals, like in any other State, as equals and without any distinction or discrimination? it is possible, and moreso better serves the needs and desires of this island's dwellers. Bicommunal is not a dirty word, and it does not mean tearing the island in two. you may want Cyprus divided (somehow), but do you want our Basic Rights, Your Individual Rights, reduced to a question of ethnicity, because as a Person you are "Greek" or "Turk"? i like to remember that above all we are members of a single "race" called Humanity, and i suspect that you do too.

Bicommunal requires three governing bodies, at least. and if there is a Republic, as well as a Turkish Constituency, there should exist a Greek Constituency. what you prove is that this willingness to discuss Jurisdictions exists. it is not so difficult, as we can see, without or outside the question of Statehood, if our Freedom is secured because we are united as Human Beings, to better that which we defend as Individuals, Universal Principals, and the Liberty we seek as Persons should not be confused as being one in the same.

vp wants the discussion to unfold as though only "Greeks" and "Turks" exist, as though Cyprus and Cypriots do not exist, if this is what you want, so be it, everyone is entitled to their opinion, if not you are seeking Liberty without Freedom.

Thursday, November 22, 2012

 

Cyprus :: new peace plan being reported on simerini - Page 2

Cyprus :: new peace plan being reported on simerini - Page 2

.

...there has to be one State. Cyprus, its Heritance is too valuable to be dismissed. Cyprus has never been divided, it is an island after-all.

let us not forget that we will be dead soon enough and that what is natural is change. so let us imagine in two hundred years, or one hundred years or fifty, to be realistic. if you imagine a population of twelve million, i'll agree; do the math. do you imagine a population by demographics quite different, scary huh? embrace the future, you may resist, but you will fail thinking that time stops; and that things are perfect the way they are.

...Cyprus needs a perfect government if you will. it must serve its Citizens, without any discrimination or distinction, all are equals. it must be able to express and demonstrate the will of this People toward Universal Principals having the aim to better them. and yet this expression of an Identity is not enough because we are Individuals, but not only, as Persons we seek Self-Representation as well. Bicommunal is not new, and such a course in Cyprus serves a very complex ethnography, it is up to the Greeks, indeed, they are an overwhelming majority, to decide what course Cyprus shall take, and representing themselves internally through a Constituency, does not prevent them, as Cypriots, their voice within a greater whole.

the debate is flawed, it serves the interests of the Nationalists amongst us who would foresake anything else, other than their own Community interests. this vision is better served within their respective Communities, if in the infrastructure they provide, it accomodates accordingly the minorities living amongst them. The State, on the other hand, should neither be Greek or Turkish, it is Cypriot.

you want peace...

...where is the Greek Constituency?

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

 

Re: the new Greece (the new Europe)

http://www.cyprus-forum.com/cyprus39095-30.html#p734015

.

kurupetos wrote:
repulsewarrior wrote:...another example where the Values of Europeans (read (if you like): the Values of "that" Greece which spawned them) need a definition based on their commitment to Universal Values. Maybe, the Greeks of today, wily as they are in distress will choose the way, once again. one hopes, from this corruption which rots no more grow new seeds, in the good earth below; this connection to Language may click, Greeks may become as they were that long time ago, facilitators of social-exchange, Greeks may choose to become transparent to many other Languages, without barriers, extrovert, to serve these Global partners, as Greeks to demonstrate their value and to demonstrate the power Greeks have toward communication; in the lingua franca, wake up reh, Greek is near extinction, it has to be useful to "others" to survive, others have to love Greece/"Greece" too.

RW your last paragraph is interesting although incorrect, because Greeks were never 'facilitators of social-exchange'. :roll: Have you never heard of 'Non-Greeks are barbarians'? :wink:

Who are the 'Global partners'? :? ...and why do you believe 'Greek is near extinction'? :?


...like English today, "then", Greek was the language to learn if one was to trade; indeed, in this respect, those who were ignorant of "Greek" custom were Barbarians.

90% of the world's population is not English (as a mother-tongue), and yet 90% speak it. the great powers of the Information Age will be measured by the bits and bytes they can produce. i propose that some well situated Countries (or People) can take a word (in English, e.g.), and translate it many times over; do you see my point?

...the world's ethnosphere is shrinking at a faster rate than it's ecosphere; the threats of extinction for many many languages is imminent, Greek is no exception, unless as a Language, it is or will be used by "others". my proposal suggests that the function of language can be Modernised, although it requires a shift in thinking where there is a willingness to facilitate inclusiveness with learning a language, and where a Nation (read: State) engages to demonstrate this ability, globally.

Saturday, September 29, 2012

 

Turkish Cypriot leader: We will drill offshore | WSLS 10

Turkish Cypriot leader: We will drill offshore | WSLS 10
.

...260,000 Muslim Turkish Cypriots live in the north?

hardly. by their own "census" it is far less, and needless to say citing a bigger figure includes the illegal settlers from Turkey, and the Army, in her design of making Cypriots, whether Greek or Turkish, subject to their terms.

@ Mr. Eroglu, why not stand-up for the Federal Republic as a Cypriot, ask, where is the Greek Constituency if there is a Republic and a Turkish Constituency? is Cyprus a Greek State, because the vast majority of its History and Population are Greek? or, is there a Cypriot State, because not as Persons, but as Individuals its Citizens stand united toward defending Universal Principals?

Territorial Jurisdictions could be settled as an internal matter; Bicommunal means an indivisible whole having parts (at least three governing bodies, if not one), it cannot mean simply dividing the island in two. Bizonal, as a geographic context is the same.

Sunday, September 23, 2012

 

Cyprus :: Peace in Cyprus. - Page 10

Cyprus :: Peace in Cyprus. - Page 10

.

vp, i still don't think you understand (in my Cyprus) how you will vote, typically how anyone votes.

as a voter, you will vote for your five representatives: Greek, Turkish, Armenian, Maronite, and an Independant for the Lower House.

how the Federal structure will work can be defined by what is an Individual Right, and what are Personal Liberties, the domain of the Constituencies.

for example, the Federal Government enacts Legislation that is an Educational Standard for all Citizens, the Constituencies would apply this Law in a manner which serves its Electors and their Educational System.

another, each Constituency would have a Civil Structure of Equal Power, but quite different: Police, Health, Social, Land, etc. while, the Federal Government has these responsibilities, to defend as Universal Principals, as well as Criminal Law, Legal Registries, and matters of State.

...can you see how your vote at the Federal level and the Constituent level are powerful tools?

...have you figured out why i harp about a population of 11 million?

...by identifying the "Greeks" and the "Turks" amongst us as each set's issue, (and where Hate when it is Identified, is a Crime against us all,) by standing united because we are more than just "Greeks" and "Turks", as Cypriots, we are Individuals and Human Beings, we can live as Greeks, and as Turks; do you see that?

Sunday, September 16, 2012

 

Cyprus :: Peace in Cyprus. - Page 7

Cyprus :: Peace in Cyprus. - Page 7
.


"...the plot"

indeed a story concocted in Turkey.

...just the facts, take a look around you.

what Cypriots built from one third of the population homeless is really quite astounding, don't you think?
...even though they are the "Greeks".

what have the "Turks" done in the mean time? how is it, despite the embargo, that such a tiny population have become parasites, according to their founder/benefactor, a State many many many times bigger, and willfully defending "Turkishness" against what is not "Turkish" enough?
...what is it that the north's population is not doing, are they not "Turkish" enough, what can they do?

at some point, you too vp, will say asiktir to "them", or die. question is, do you love Cyprus, this land, more than being Turkish?

as for Greeks as a majority, it is irrelevant, it is the minorities which hold the sway in a Democracy. what is more important is an end to the corruption, when we, united as a population are not so easily subjected to this myth, "Turks" are helpless in a Cyprus whose majority are fanatics and "Greek".

Wednesday, September 05, 2012

 

Cyprus :: Asil Nadir found guilty. - Page 6



.


Cyprus :: Asil Nadir found guilty. - Page 6

...the Ambassador forgets the beginning, with its black operations where Turkish Cypriots were sacrificed for Turkey's gain. the enclaves which followed, and the forced movements are not so clear, based on the same motives; lovely how the line follows so closely, the Acheson Plan.

...the same can be said for his opinion of "the Truth", Cyprus is Occupied, it offends all Cypriots equally, what is right and what is wanted are two different things in this matter; i applaud The Guardian, more of the Press should end their lazy way of talking, "Greek Cyprus", or "Northern Cyprus", because it is offensive to all Mankind, untrue and an insult, not just to this island's dwellers.

...and ridiculous as it is to say it, Turkey, that deep state and its wanttobe's, is to blame, even for this man, Asil Nadir.

Monday, September 03, 2012

 

The DOCUMENTARY "MEMORIES"

...in the purest sense Piratis your argument is sound.

in the sense that Bicommunal has no clear meaning, a "Turkish" idea or not, our responsibility is to the rest of Mankind, as Individuals, to demonstrate something we design for ourselves, as Cypriots, which enriches the world because it can be held in high esteem and emulated. futuristically, i am proposing to go beyond what is the Truth, and what vp resists so fondly, something where Cyprus in two hundred years sustains itself, perhaps in a desert of global warming with a population quite different in demographics and size. i repeat myself, there is a Cypriot Republic, and there is a Turkish Constituency, where is the Greek Constituency? (and why not Armenian, Maronite, and Latin Constituencies as well.)

where vp ignores a Federal Government, i say, where is the Greek state? consider that, my suggestion, because it solves both vp and your anxieties.

http://www.cyprus-forum.com/cyprus38719-70.html#p728913

Thursday, August 09, 2012

 

Cyprus :: PETROS SOUPPOURIS, THE MAN!

Cyprus :: PETROS SOUPPOURIS, THE MAN!

.


halil, can you say, i love Cyprus?




...can you say, i love Cyprus first?



this is the man Mr. Petros, and his friend who still stand together, to say just this.



...can you say, i want a Cypriot State?



this is the battle, unless of course you are a "Turk" or a "Greek".



...and if you are truly, a Cypriot, and willing to take a big step for Mankind, ask yourself, if there is a Republic, and a Turkish Constituency, where is the Greek Constituency (where are a Maronite, etc. Constituencies?); why not National Assemblies, as well as a Federal Government?



and you, vp, have you the courage to be as strong?



...i ask all of you to reflect, lest we turn even this reality (on the ground) through our hateful denial into another farce.



say with me, i love Cyprus, a want a better way of life.

Saturday, August 04, 2012

 

Our view: Old-style hero worship has no relevance today - Cyprus Mail#comments

Our view: Old-style hero worship has no relevance today - Cyprus Mail#comments

.


If Mr. Malas wants to support a Federal Solution, i ask, if there is a Republic, and a Turkish Constituency, where is the Greek Constituency?




Turkey may be the 800 pound guerilla in the room, but the fact remains, Justice in Cyprus is to be seen, and it is Cypriots which must display this toward each other. For the proxy war to end, Turks and Greeks can be equals, with National Assemblies for their self-representation, as Persons. But, in a Bicommunal State, as Individuals without distinction or discrimination, as Citizens, united, they would vote for a Federal Government, to defend and to better Universal Principals, as well.



...Mr. Malas, think 12.5 million, two hundred years from now, can anyone imagine the demographics of this island to remain unchanged even fifty years from now? what is best for this island's dwellers, if

like Makarios you fought for Free Will, not just Liberty? and like Makarios, if you lay the blame on Greece, the Greek elite who to this day corrupt themselves, why then the denial, unlike Makarios, that a Cypriot State is better?



...personally, if i could, i would fly the Cypriot Flag attached to my car's attenna, and drive right round the island, in tribute to the great man (and men/women), who chose Cyprus first. if i was a Politician, I would focus on one Cyprus, and the opportunities that existed if within a Territorial Jurisdiction Greek came first, like in a Turkish, Maronite, Armenian, etc. Constituency, equal for the same reason. if i was a Leader, i would seek closure for the displaced, all Cypriots, not just "Greeks", i would seek to have for them the pleasure of their Properties restored, and for some at least, the Right of Return as they left, as Communities. in my Cyprus, enclaves are not a dirty word, they would be scattered across the whole geography of the island, obliging National Assemblies like those Greek and Turkish to provide service to an electorate island-wide, securing Freedom of Movement, and Association because even if the Green Line remains unchanged it becomes a frontier amongst many, not a border; Bizonal because there is one Sovereignty, and within it an ability to sustain diversity geographically.



...Mr. Malas, like his contemporaries have no vision, if they cannot see the value of a Greek state, within a Cypriot State. they are Statesman, like Makarios if they can provide a way of life where we can define ourselves as Individuals while we sustain our Identities as Persons; they are, in my mind traitors to all Mankind if they resist the changes which take us beyond the 19th Century and passed the Modern Age.

Thursday, June 28, 2012

 

Re: Turkish atrocities in Cyprus

http://www.cyprus-forum.com/cyprus38183-120.html#p721515 . vp, i don't know where you lived before the issues of '63 and '74, but if my village is an example of a "mixed" village, the residents have a relationship which was nurtured, far older than that. frankly i am grateful to live across from a Turkish Cypriot unscarred until the Turkish Army chose to make the land they occupy (and all its living creatures) subject to them. we remain an example of the community which was there before this "Turkification", my friends still respect hard work and have a loving nature, close to their land and this history; our history. now, after all these years, having met many Greeks from across the world, i feel a sorrow and a shame to meet a "Greek" who cannot understand that this is possible in Cyprus, i hope that i might convince you that as a Cypriot, you may consider that not all Turks are "Turks" . 350 years, wot? just a backwater, only surviving, ignored as a possession. it was the Modern Age, the British, and the Rule of Law, which gave impetus to Mankind's recognition of Cypriots as a People amongst a Family of Man. whether there is a majority of persons Greeks or not, the World defines us, as all Citizens, the stewards of this island so old (and so wealthy) as one, recognised, Sovereign and as Individuals, represented by a State governing in a manner where all electors are equal without distinction or discrimination. Cypriots, their Leaders, chose to take the challenge of defining Bicommunal, and now Bizonal, for Humanity's greater good. you see two states. i tell you that you cannot dismiss the Federal Government as a body because you don't trust "Greeks", things cannot remain as they are today. to be equals as Greek Cypriots and Turkish Cypriots (, as well as Maronites, etc.) there must exist a Greek Constituency (and other Cypriot Constituencies). if you want a Turkish Constituency demand this; liberate the Republic from its bonds to the "Greeks", and once again it will be the "minority" who values civil behaviour and Universal Principals, most. ...as such, read your Constitution, the Republic of Cyprus' i mean, and tell me, what is wrong with National Assemblies?

Sunday, June 17, 2012

 

Cyprus :: Diamond Jubilee and Evagoras Pallikarides - Page 7

Cyprus :: Diamond Jubilee and Evagoras Pallikarides - Page 7

He died for the right and freedom to choose his identity instead of having Imperialist racists like you deciding for him, and us!


...given the time and the place his actions are as described. there is nothing of a disgrace in what he said, but time and History took other turns which should leave us grateful to Mankind, that for the first time in thousands of years, as a People Cypriots are Free. Respect is the watchword, and it is not as "Greeks" or "Turks" that any Peace will be found, to be at the vanguard of this new Age we must demonstrate a wider and more reasoned view, something repeatable, something emulated because it is held in high esteem.

The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind...
Williams James (1842-1910)

User avatar
repulsewarrior
Regular Contributor Regular Contributor
Posts: 2658
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

 

Tell Turkey: End the Occupation of Cyprus Now

. . ...if you give up Turkey as your sole benefactor you gain the support of the rest of the world. Freedom for Cyprus is Mankind's gift, to the People with a Cypriot Identity, it is not the "Greeks" who are offering you this Liberty to be Turkic, but Greeks who as this island's dwellers represent the vast majority of this body Politic. it would be nice in the least as a Cypriot, if you recognised that the island is not Turkish nor Greek, although as Persons we strive to sustain these identities. ...what better Guarantee is there but to define Bizonal Bicommunal Federation in a manner where as Individuals, this body of People represent themselves United in defending Universal Principals (as Humans), and that being Bicommunal they represent themselves as electors in National Assemblies (within Jurisdictional Territories being Bizonal) so that as a Majority they can sustain within their daily lives this distinct identity, even closer to their taxdollars. you cannot prevent Greeks, just because they are Greeks from choosing to reside in Cyprus as Turcophones (a "Turk" would think that, (rather than a Turk)), nor can we prevent the mobility that the Modern Age has offered. Cyprus is not Property, beyond the feelings Turkey displays about the Treaty of Lausanne, or its Continental Shelf, it is about defining this distinction: that a People, Cypriots have as their Heritance a land far more rooted than what has been a proxy war between subjugators. ...question of ethnic origin, no; question of attitude. ...dude, you behave

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

 

Cyprus Now Forum • View topic - Obama's pro gay marriage

Cyprus Now Forum • View topic - Obama's pro gay marriage

.


...what is marriage but a contract.




if we are committed to Freedom and Human Liberty where as Individuals we have the responsible choice to pursue our happiness, then there is no alternative but to accept gay marriage. irksome is the lessons we are not learning from this so called Modern phenomena, gays (as an example of a small minority) are organised to voice their common opinions in a manner where such demands can be satisfied. Cypriots, within the populaton of a sphere that includes the interlocutors, are a minority as small. perhaps our own parades can express this bend, an odd couple, Turks and Greeks (Cypriot, not "Turk" and "Greek"), joined in a bond that is a Human Contract, because they resisted the stagnation of a standard which excludes these notions.

Friday, May 04, 2012

 

Cyprus :: Energy issues are a reason for war -Yildiz - Page 3

Cyprus :: Energy issues are a reason for war -Yildiz - Page 3

.



re file, i think i understand what Bananiot is saying, have a heart, be a Cypriot, share by showing that you are great as Greeks, and as Turks, (and i hope as Maronites, and Armenians, (and Romes), etc.), because you are Human Beings first, demonstrating that value above all, unlike "Greeks" and "Turks", by choice an example far more refined and adapted to the future Ages; beyond what was before the Modern Age.




Bicommunal is not a dirty word, although i must say much has been done for it to be sullied, it remains to be defined more precisely by us, to the benefit of Mankind to whom we owe the end of our subjugation of thousands of years, as this island's dwellers not Property, a People.



Bizonal similarly does not mean tearing the island in two, however Territorial Jurisdictions may define land usage, it is clear to all Citizens that the land is an indivisible whole.



a Federation may be a Unitary State, and i believe that this is in Cyprus essential toward defending Individual Rights. without it there is always the threat that in the future the same Imperialistic tools will be there to be exploited by those who gain from our willingness to sustain Identities as Persons.



...all this is way off topic, on the other hand, a solution to the Problem, one that Turkey cannot unreasonably refuse is what's needed to delay the War threats looming.



Mr B., please, read (and comment) on my manifesto thingy, or the letter to Ban Ki-Moon, feeling dreamy and all, i could use the help.

Friday, April 20, 2012

 

Cyprus :: Why is Cyprus Divided? - Page 3

Cyprus :: Why is Cyprus Divided? - Page 3

.

...Cyprus is divided because Turkey believes that it is property; the people are of no consequence. This they believe is a well founded fact based on the Principal of Law (before the Modern Age) when Cyprus was made English, thus she does not recognise the validity of the Treaty of Lausanne. The British of course demonstrate their Sovereignty as well, by example their rush to express this fact at Curium.




...Cypriots are divided by their mythic personas, reality will set in soon, we are passed the Modern Age.



...Cyprus is divided because of its geographic location. in an effort to continue the plunder of past ages, there are these efforts to possess "it". it does not matter the divide, it could be mostly "French", and a reason would be found to divide the minority from a Cypriot people, as "English", (or "German"), there would exist a Proxy War.



...Cypriots have not grasped what Bicommunal and Bizonal could mean. They are not prepared it seems to confront their fears to lead Mankind beyond the Nation as a State, where they are a State within which there are Nations.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

 

UN chief remains interested in Cyprus solution

UN chief remains interested in Cyprus solution

.


...we hope that if the effort to define the words Bizonal and Bicommunal continue, that there will be two tables where these negotiations will take place.




...one where as Constituencies the People gather to decide their self-representation as Persons within National Assemblies, so that amongst them they can Charter Territorial Jurisdictions for their electorate from the State.



...and at the other, a Federal Government which has no other obligation but to defend its Citizens without discrimination, equal and as Individuals.

Sunday, April 08, 2012

 

Cyprus Now Forum • View topic - The biggest insult to Cyprus...

Cyprus Now Forum • View topic - The biggest insult to Cyprus...

.


...once again this summer we will face the scorn that Turkey holds for the Cypriot social-economy. what will she do when another success of Cyprus as a State is demonstrated, we'll see. given that Erdogan has explictly stated that partition (read:annexation) is his goal, that 'fait accompli' is looming. why?




...is Turkey's plaint to be respected? is Cyprus, Property she reclaims?



...and what about the people? aren't they "Greeks" and "Turks"; in the thousands of years of this island's History, when were they a People?



...the insult is to Mankind, and to the Modern Age, (lol) never mind the Cypriots.

Thursday, April 05, 2012

 

Cyprus :: What would Enosis mean to the average Cypriot - Page 2#p712162

Cyprus :: What would Enosis mean to the average Cypriot - Page 2#p712162

Schnauzer wrote:


I think much would depend upon the determination of just how one would describe an 'Average Cypriot'.



Currently, it is a matter of whom the one who considers him/herself to be 'Greek Cypriot' and the one who considers him/herself to be 'Turkish Cypriot' feels more closely affiliated to, Greece or Turkey?.



Naturally (again currently) the unfortunate 'Political and Military' division that has been foisted upon the people of Cyprus, is bound to create a situation which renders the question posed almost impossible to answer.



Leaving aside the questions of 'Fairness' and 'Unfairness', the ONLY outcome of such a union, MUST result in another 'Springboard' for the 'Average Cypriot' to launch further abusive verbal attacks upon each other.



That is how 'Politics' works, ultimately the desires of the 'Average Cypriot' is of no consequence to either the 'Military or Political' leaders, therefore 'NOTHING' is what 'Enosis' might mean, actually it has always been like that for the 'Average Cypriot'. (imho)



...well said Schnauzer, thank-you.



...if we ignore the choice of Cypriots for a Union with Greece because it is a Greek island, it can only be a benefit to Mankind as a whole if these People are Sovereign to represent themselves, and to remain as the Stewards of their Heritance. by dividing it (and them) in two, as adversaries, that Green Line which started there and grew will again fester with so much harm.



...as Imperialists Greece looks harmless, as the great Majority in Cyprus are subject to its Language. Turkey, on the other hand is stuck with the Treaty of Lausanne as an unfair loss of Property, and to her what comes next is of no consequence. England still insists on Sovereign Rights, and she too (i regret to say) remains a failed Guarantor.



...as Cypriots, a great deal is asked of the people who are its dwellers; not "Greeks" but Greeks, not "Turks" but Turks (maybe Maronites, and Armenians, etc. too), defining Bicommunal and Bizonal so that it can be emulated throughout the world being held in such high esteem.



...it is about time that enosis means the mending of one what is apart, only in a Modern, very Cypriot kind of way.



Freedom for Cyprus, Freedom for Cypriots too!

Friday, March 30, 2012

 

Cyprus :: What does 'Enosis' mean to you, today? - Page 5#p711686

Cyprus :: What does 'Enosis' mean to you, today? - Page 5#p711686

.


you see vp, i/I fight for Cyprus. everyday i used to tend my trees, our trees were tended too.


were you here before the "fait accompli"? it is the "Greeks" and the "Turks" who have held their

debate without success, it is about time for the Greeks and Turks to create their own Agenda.

...but what do i know, coming from a "mixed" village.



enosis, better means, to mend. its meaning Historically changed over time. i take it to mean

the future as one. you, if you are a "Turk", take it to mean belonging to Greece, or belonging

to Turkey, as though this is correct thinking. i say as Cypriots we have the great distinction of defining

the words Nation and State more clearly, and demonstrating to the rest of Mankind a meaning for

the word, Bicommunal, (and now Bizonal), in a manner which can be held in high esteem by its emulation;

please read my manifesto, and need i remind you, your observations are important to me,

after all some of it came from your inspiration.



...don't make me your enemy, just because it seems, you can no longer ignore my attention; that's too easy.



dude, those PM's you sent long ago, do you remember sending them? what makes you think anything has changed,

you wanted to be freinds, and we were united with one idea, that Cyprus belongs to Cypriots, not "Greeks" and "Turks",

being Bicommunal, i say all Cypriots are Cypriots first when it comes to defending their State as Individuals, being

Bicommunal means, as well, National Assemblies, and being Bizonal means Territorial Jurisdictions, where Cypriots

by where they reside are Minorities or Majorities within an electorate of Persons (a National Assembly) so that through

their self-representation as Greeks, Turks, Maronites, Armenians, (Jews, British,) and Romes they can sustain a Living

Heritance with their respect and recognition for the "others" amongst them, while they vote as well for a Government

for their Republic, each citizen with one vote for the Betterment of Human Conditions.



...do not dismiss the fact that "Greeks" and "Turks" are a set within larger circles of Greeks and Turks who in a wider sense are no different to the other Communities who can call Cyprus a Home. the debate as it is, is flawed. Mankind, as you say, 'gifted' Cyprus to Cypriots. only "Greeks" and "Turks", over this, express their discontent. "Turks" think they have the demographic stranglehold to leave Cyprus an impotent speck of geography like it was before the Treaty of Lausanne, i say Greeks and Turks, Maronites, etc. are headed toward extinction fast, and that the population of Cyprus is 12.5 million sooner than later.



...vp, things can't stay the same forever, Freedom for Cyprus, one Government one Country; Freedom for Cypriots, many National Assemblies.



cheers!

Monday, March 26, 2012

 

Cyprus :: What does 'Enosis' mean to you, today? - Page 2#p711361

Cyprus :: What does 'Enosis' mean to you, today? - Page 2#p711361

.


Viewpoint wrote:


Viva la Enosis with Turkey.



...indeed, Cyprus and Turkey need to be allied, joined in a common cause. if the EU is a great experiment toward lasting peace, it is Turkey where a frontier is best established, so too Cyprus. enosis, as OP said, is not a bad word.



...your point is not well taken, perhaps, although it is ironically food for thought. "Greekness" (looking West) is taken as the Democratic Value where as Citizens we are equally involved in bettering our lives as a whole. "Turkishness" (looking East), i take to mean the Ottomans, who sucked the life out of the glorious Arabic civilization, and all its Peoples, not unlike their work ies stin poli, and Cyprus which became a backwater. certainly modern Turkey is not the ideal of Ataturk, it is the Kemalists who see people as Turkish from their "Turkishness", that fails this great State to benefit their Nation.



...as i've said many times before vp, and i hope you think about it, this is not a Greek/Turkish issue, it is a not a "Greek"/"Turkish" issue either, it is a "Greek", "Turkish"/ Greek, Turkish issue.



we, being the vanguard vp, that is to say as a Citizen of the World, should act accordingly.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

 

...peace talks likely to halt in July

Cyprus bicommunal discussion and chat forum : GOODWILL FORWARD#87837

.


Quote:


"Downer said talks are stalled on how executive power would be shared under an envisioned federation and on how to deal with private property that was lost during the invasion."





Quote:

That federation would comprise a federal government with a single international personality, along with a Turkish Cypriot constituent state and a Greek Cypriot constituent state, which would be of equal status.



Quote:

“It’s not so much that it would take time to achieve them, it would take political decisions to achieve them,” he said

.





...if only Eroglu had an ally in the Greeks, Maronites, Armenians, and Latins who sustain like him their Persons, an identity that is distinct. If only Mr. Chistofias did not have to represent "Greeks", but instead Cypriots without discrimination; that might be a constructive debate, toward what already has been agreed.



As it is, a Greek Constituency is missing from the negociations, and for them to fructify: a Federal Government must exist, (and at least) a Turkish Constituency, and a Greek Constituency must exist.



...and what of the displaced? From '63 and '74, would it not be Justice seen if they returned as they left, at least for some, as Communities? Wouldn't enclaves prove a benefit, if they were to spot the entire island, in providing territorial jurisdictions to the People as Persons within National Assemblies, as well as a way to end Turkey's 'fait accompli'? Even if the Green Line remained, unchanged, it would become another frontier, completely redundant as a militarised border. Free Movement, Free Association, and Free Expression, aren't they secured (for all), if a Cypriot is a Cypriot first, Free to choose where they live, as a Minority, or as a Majority, as Grecophones and Turcophones, able to receive service island-wide? .



As a "Greek/Turkish" conflict, the issue fails endlessly repeating itself without an answer for Cypriots. Turkey's ambition, what with their Army's illegal occupation, their agenda first, (changing the toponomy and demographics of the island), and their proxy war against "Greeks", (as well as the Turks who are not "Turkish" enough), it is disappointing to see what they do provide to Cypriots in the north, nothing near the wealth of their fellow Cypriots in the south, speaking Democracy, not even a decent Rule of Law. Turkey, the regional Superpower, should be able to do far better than that for who they call Turks of Cyprus; never mind the bullying and the gunboat diplomacy of late.



...but the Cyprus Problem is not Turkey's issue alone, and only Cypriots can prevail. As Individuals, my hope is that they, Cypriots as a whole, will make it very hot for Mr. Erdogan this summer with his partition (read:annexation), plans. Like the Freedom Riders they'll drive their cars in convoys right round the whole island flying Cyprus' flag, demonstrating that they are Humans first, for Universal Principals, against their subjugation, and like Greeks and Turks, unlike the "Greeks" and "Turks" amongst them.



http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/un-envoy-says-cyprus-peace-talks-likely-to-halt-in-july-if-accord-not-reached-by-then/2012/03/20/gIQACmmtPS_story.html

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?